Interested in Monitoring? Call 877-596-2224
Current Customers Call 877-296-6465
Patients & Other Questions Call 877-643-6179
The Rx GuardianSM process from Ameritox, with Rx Guardian CDSM, uses patented methods and the most comprehensive reference database of pain patients who were clinically assessed as adherent. Patients’ normalized results are compared to the reference database, providing clinicians with added assurance in assessing patients’ pain medication adherence.
Contact Ameritox to learn more about the Rx GuardianSM process.
Click to learn more about our Specimen Stability Policy.
The Rx GuardianSM process results in the Rx Guardian results reportSM, a comprehensive report that gives you insight to help you assess your patients’ pain medication adherence. This process includes:
1. Specimen Validity Testing Once a urine specimen is received in one of our labs, it is scanned into the system and receives a unique lab accession number for the most reliable identification and tracking. Then an alliquoted sample undergoes validity testing (as a part of Initial Testing) using pH values, specific gravity and creatinine to ensure it is a human sample and that it has not been diluted or adulterated.
2. Initial Screening An initial Enzyme Immunoassay (EIA) test screens for the presence of opiates, benzodiazepines, illicits and other prescribed or non-prescribed medications.
3. Confirmation Testing If the EIA test result is positive, the sample undergoes confirmation testing through one of the following methods:
Gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC/MS) is used to create a fingerprint-like match for each detected prescription medication or illicit. This technology’s superior sensitivity can detect drugs or metabolites at some of the lowest levels in the industry.
Liquid chromatography – tandem mass spectrometry (LC/MS/MS) is used when optimal specificity and sensitivity are required to determine the absence or presence of your patients’ prescribed medications as well as the presence of non-prescribed medications or illicits.
The methodology to obtain confirmation depends on the type of drug being tested.
4. Rx Guardian CDSM – Reference database supported by a proprietary algorithm
Once a specimen has undergone laboratory testing the results are certified by our Ameritox Certifying Scientists. We then apply our proprietary normalization algorithm to the test results as part of Rx Guardian CDSM.
5. Rx Guardian Results Report Results are delivered in a comprehensive Rx GuardianSM results report, which includes your patient’s normalized value and compares it to the Rx Guardian CDSM reference database.
The comprehensive and easy-to-interpret Rx GuardianSM results report indicates where test results are inconsistent with the treatment plan—along with explanations of findings. In addition, experienced Ameritox Toxicology SpecialistsSM are available for consultation on results.
When interpreting patient results:
Using the Ameritox Virtual ToxicologistSM, the Rx GuardianSM results report also provides helpful results explanations of any findings that are inconsistent with the prescribed medication treatment plan.
It all adds up to unique insight that only Ameritox can provide—insight that is informing thousands of chronic pain treatment conversations every day.
Contact Ameritox todayto learn more about pain medication monitoring solutions or to make the Rx GuardianSM process a part of your practice.