Ameritox provides accurate and thorough lab reports, as well as comprehensive tools and resources, to help you in the day-to-day monitoring of your patients’ pain medication use.
Ameritox’s Rx GuardianSM process goes beyond standard urine drug testing and features Rx Guardian CDSM, which consists of a proprietary normalization algorithm and is derived from the most comprehensive reference database of pain patients who are clinically assessed as adherent. Patients’ standard scores are compared to results in the reference database, providing you with added confidence in making informed assessments about whether patients are taking their medication correctly.
With the accurate and detailed information from the Rx GuardianSM process, you may:
- Reduce the risk of a patient’s misuse or abuse of a prescribed medication.
- Gain insight into the likelihood that a patient is taking his or her medication as prescribed.
- Learn about controlled substances a patient is taking.
- Learn about potentially harmful drug-to-drug interactions.
Our medication monitoring solutions help advance the treatment of chronic pain by providing detailed information and insight on patients’ pain medication use. The comprehensive and easy-to-interpret Rx GuardianSM results report indicates where test results are inconsistent with the treatment plan—along with explanations of findings. In addition, experienced Ameritox Toxicology SpecialistsSM are available for consultation on results. Our process helps you assess whether a patient is:
- Taking illicit drugs.
- Taking an additional medication prescribed by another provider that could cause dangerous drug-to-drug interactions.
- Likely taking his or her medications correctly.
- Not taking enough medication.
- Taking too much medication.
- Potentially abusing, misusing or diverting medication.